Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Super Bowl Forecast

I'm about to make what is possibly my toughest pick of the year.
In review, my season went well. I finished at the top of the standings in my league. In wild card week I went an even 2-2. I followed up with a 3-1 divisional week. I did what most people did by picking the Steelers and Ravens in the AFC but most would be surprised by my pick of Philadelphia to upset the New York Giants. But I couldn't resist the temptation to pick Carolina over Arizona. I then selected Pittsburgh and Arizona, and many laughed at me, saying either that Baltimore was too hot to be stopped or that Arizona was highly overmatched by Philly, but I learned from the Carolina game that you can't underestimate the Cards.
So, who to pick? This is really, really tough. When you size the teams up, Pittsburgh appears to be very dominant, but Arizona seems like the team to pick for most people. It's natural to see why, Arizona is the fan favorite: a team that's never done it and that has recently built a lot of momentum. But many are ignoring that Baltimore was pretty similar with their own momentum, and yet Pittsburgh shut them down and emerged victorious.
It's tempting to follow the crowd and take Arizona, but I can't escape the feeling that this will go down the same way the World Series did for Tampa Bay. I like the Steelers because of their superior defensive play.
reg season- 9-4-1
playoffs: 7-3
Feedback: What do you think of the Super Bowl?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, check out my blog for the dirt cheap nosebleed tickets and discount merchandise.



*************************
-->CHEAP Super Bowl TICKETS<--
<--Discount NFL Merchandise-->
*************************

Broken_Racquet said...

Thanks.Hey do i know you or are you just checking out my blog for the heck of it?